All are welcome here – We’ve translated this phrase into every language spoken by members of our lodge.
I believe in the Fatherhood of God, and the Brotherhood of Man;
I believe in Friendship, Love and Truth as basic guides to the ultimate destiny of all mankind.
I believe my home, my church or temple, my lodge, and my community deserve my best work, my modest pride, my earnest faith, and my deepest loyalty, as I perform my duty “to visit the sick, relieve the distressed, bury the dead, and educate the orphan” and as I work with others to build a better world because in spirit and in truth, I am, and must always be, grateful to my Creator, faithful to my Country, and fraternal to my fellow man; I am an Odd Fellow.
Groups we host
The Mountain View Odd Fellows Lodge #244 is proud to host many community groups that further our mission. If you would like to use our space, post-COVID-19, apply here. Note: While there is no vaccine for COVID-19, all of the groups we host are meeting online.
- Odd Writers League Writing Group
- Charity Pop Up Art Galleries
- Muslim Immigrant Women’s Dinner Group (contact email@example.com)
- Western Meditation Group (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rebekah Meetings (contact email@example.com)
- Board Game Night (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who We Give To
As a 501(c)(8) fraternal organization, our primary purpose is our mission and supporting our members. We also make substantive charitable donations in our community. Here are some, but not all, of our recent gifts:
- $1000 (September 2021)
- Context: In September 2021, we donated $100 to Morning Star Lodge #20 to support their work helping their neighbors impacted by the Caldour Fire.
- $500 (May 2021)
- Context: In May 2021, we donated $500 to CAA as a general donation, to further their work supporting and protecting Asian American and Pacific Islander members of our community from the 150% rise in violence against this beloved community.
- $500 (May 2021)
- Context: In May 2021, we donated $500 to Momentum for Mental Health, to further their work supporting our South Bay community struggling with their mental health.
- $5000 (May 2020)
- In addition, in the past 3 years we’ve raised over $5000 through our annual haunted house, where we charge adults $5 and children $1. Read more in this I Love MV article from 2019.
- We regularly host the Rebekah’s Crafts Fair to benefit this charity.
- In May 2021, we donated $500 to RCS
- $2000 (June 2020) to support their work in the Navajo Nation
- $102 from Pop-Up Gallery proceeds
Closing Concentration Camps at the Border
We hosted 5 monthly charity pop-up galleries to fund organizations working to close the concentration camps at the US border, raising $1,324, for the following organizations:
- Bay Area Immigration Bond Fund
- Freedom for Immigrants
- Santa Clara County’s Rapid Responder Network
- $408 from Pop-Up Gallery proceeds
Groups We’re a Part of / More Information
- IOOF Grand Lodge
- IOOF Sovereign Grand Lodge
- Our By-Laws
- We are a democratically-run organization and we use Robert’s Rules of order in our meetings